[Building Sakai] Skin Selector in Test and Quizzes

Paul Lukasewych plukasew at uwo.ca
Fri May 31 07:45:17 PDT 2013

I'm interested in the NPS Mathjax solution, so if anyone from NPS can provide more
details that would be great.

Paul Lukasewych
Applications Development Team
Information Technology Services
Support Services Building
Western University
(519) 661-2111 x80513
plukasew at uwo.ca

On May 31, 2013 10:32:51 Matthew Jones wrote:

In 2.9 (or 2.8 if you enable manually add it to CKEditor and upgrade textarea) there is
support for for the fMath plugin (SAK-23266) which allows a user to import a latex file
or latex plain text. This would probably be the easiest for instructors.

And I agree with Steve, most likely that specific local skin does something special to
load up mathjax only for those sites that manually enable it. We didn't ever add
Mathjax system wide because by default it has to either parse everything (which slows
down the browsing experience) or has to parse specific div classes (which instructors
wouldn't know about and nobody ever wrote a WYSIWYG editor plugin for).

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com[1]>