[Building Sakai] lti and copying sites

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu May 30 13:41:28 PDT 2013

hmm, that's interesting.  So for example, you could make a new
EntityTranserer impl that simply stores what site a site was copied
from as a site property or something (I'm not sure that's stored
anywhere already is it?), and then when you do the launch pass the
original context id thru the payload.  Then it would be up to the
producer to do whatever it needs to do to clone its own content based
on the original context id.  For the use case I'm thinking of that
might work, and sounds pretty easy.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Zhen Qian <zqian at umich.edu> wrote:
> I believe to have entities copied along with site duplication, the
> EntityTranserer interface needs to be implemented, especially the
> transferEntities() function inside it.
>
> I am not aware of such implementation inside basiclti project. But I imagine
> this could be done, like adding new LTIContent objects, with some existing
> LTI tool attributes?
>
> Thanks,
> - Zhen
>

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM, John Bush <john.bush at rsmart.com> wrote:
>>
>> Has there been any traction in the LTI space about how to deal with
>> duplicating sites?  It seems it would be helpful to have some sort of
>> arrangement by which the consumer could be notified when a site is
>> copied to be able to duplicate content if appropriate.  I'm not sure
>> how this arrangement is best negotiated, and wondering if its ever
>> been thought about ?
>>
>> --
>> John Bush
>> 602-490-0470