[Building Sakai] Freshly built Sakai 2.9.1 hangs after deployment in Tomcat

Julian Fleischer julian.fleischer at fu-berlin.de
Fri May 24 00:32:07 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I have been following the guide over athttps://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setup+Walkthrough, but I'm stuck right after deploying Sakai. Maven does not show any error, deploying seems to have worked fine. However, when I point my browser at localhost:8080 I don't get to see a website. The request just hangs (no specific error turns up either).

Same happens when I try to go to localhost:8080/portal .

I have looked into the database, sakai seems to have started up successfully - there are 338 tables created in there. In the table SAKAI_USERS are even two entries.

What is wrong when Tomcat hangs?

kind regards,
Julian