[Building Sakai] Sakai CLE 2.9.1 - correct JAVA_OPTS

Raymond Naseef raymond.naseef at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:13:49 PDT 2013

Thank Aaron!

Good point about "allowArraySyntax": my computer (OS X 10.6.8) may be an
exception, as it runs JDK 1.6 (Mac requires OS X 10.7.3+ for JDK 1.7).

It seems "-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true" is specifically
for JDK version 1.6 (& maybe 1.5).

Of course, the best thing is to run JDK 1.7+, and turn this property off.

-Ray