[Building Sakai] BLTI tool configuration help

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue May 14 07:05:28 PDT 2013

Ah - The answer is "Yes".   Zhen and John Johnson at UM took the LTI UI in 2.9.0 and greatly improved it.  All those LTI /UI improvements are in the LTI 2.1.0 code that is part of Sakai 2.9.2.

There is a bit more code in Site Info that is needed that is in trunk but not in 2.9.2 due to not having enough time that really makes the integration nice by making admin-created LTI tools available in the "Edit Tools" part of Site Info.

So if you really want to never again touch IMSBLTIPortlet.xml - upgrade to 2.9.2 and the grab the trunk of Site Info - and off you go.

I hope this is all in 2.9.3 - it should be easy to get the Site info stuff into the release branch - the big jump was to LTI 2.1.0 - the Site Info changes are relatively straightforward.  Zhen is the expert for the Site Admin changes.

Hope this helps.

/Chuck