[Building Sakai] FCKEditor   vs CKEditor

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri May 10 15:25:15 PDT 2013

Yea you're right, in AssignmentAction it does:
                        // the instructor comment
                        String feedbackCommentString =
StringUtils.trimToNull((String)
state.getAttribute(GRADE_SUBMISSION_FEEDBACK_COMMENT));
                        if (feedbackCommentString != null)
                        {

sEdit.setFeedbackComment(feedbackCommentString);
                        }

So maybe if it's null it needs to set an empty string instead of just
skipping it. I'm not sure how to get that behavior back for CKEditor. It
sounds like it was a bug in the first place in FCKEditor. I don't see any
jira about this yet.