[Building Sakai] FCKEditor   vs CKEditor

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Fri May 10 06:10:47 PDT 2013

I created JIRA SAK-23591.  We found that when using the CKEditor in the Assignments tool that if an instructor leaves feedback and then decides to remove the feedback by clearing out the text and saving that the comments do not get removed.  Using the FCKEditor this does not happen.  Looking closer the FCKEditor always starts off with a   inside the text field.  When the instructor clears out their text there is still the   left in the source.  With the CKEditor the text field is completely empty.

I think the bug with the Assignments tool is a NULL comment won't override what's in the database.  But that leads to a possibly bigger issue.  If the default behavior of the CKEditor vs the FCKEditor is different, what other tools may be affected in the same way?

I've tried setting config.fillEmptyBlocks = true in config.js but that doesn't seem to restore having a default

Any thoughts on dealing with the difference between the two editors?

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.