[Building Sakai] Sakai Search Tool and course data from previous semesters

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu May 9 13:02:00 PDT 2013

You can set the property

   - onlyIndexSearchToolSites at org.sakaiproject.search.api.SearchIndexBuilder=true
   (false *default)*

So it will only index sites that actually have the search tool placed, this
will prevent old courses from getting indexed if they didn't actually have
the tool available. It's probably the better way to do it. There might be a
little overall slowness while the index is initially built but probably
nothing noticeable  the bigger impact would be the on-disk size of the
indices.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SEARCH/Home