[Building Sakai] About Email Configuration

zmk zmk at tju.edu.cn
Wed May 8 07:05:08 PDT 2013

Hello,everyone,

I'm trying to make my sakai email available now, I have found how to configure my sakai.properties for outgoing email from this page:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Email+Configuration

But when I configure it like this:

smtp.enable=true
 smtp.dns.1=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX smtp.dns.2=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
   smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=smtp.tju.edu.cn   smtpPort at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=25   smtpUser at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=zmk   smtpPassword at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=XXXXX   smtpDebug at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=true   setup.request=zmk at tju.edu.cn

  Something wrong. It didn't work.
  So I look for something in the debug info. It seems like the from address was been set as "postmaster at myserver",but not "zmk at tju.edu.cn";
  I check the source in  the file "kernel/kernel-impl/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/email/impl/BasicEmailService.java" and found this:

   if (m_smtpFrom == null)     {
       m_smtpFrom = POSTMASTER + "@" + serverConfigurationService.getServerName();     }

   so I changed it like this:

       if (m_smtpFrom == null)       {           m_smtpFrom = "zmk at tju.edu.cn";       }

    then I tried again, It worked!

    So what's wrong with this? Is my configuration right?

    Thanks.

    M.K.Zhao
    A Graduated Student (A fan of Sakai)
    School of Computer Science and Technology,
    TianJin University,China