[Building Sakai] Forums custom JSF problem

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:38:28 PDT 2013

Hi
I'm trying to add a new option to the 2.9 Forums tool that does a Reply
Private that goes through the Messages tool. The problem I'm having is that
even though I define the properties in DiscussionForumTool.java and then
reference them in my new JSP, the values are not getting passed down to
java, even though I'm using the Grade functionality as a close model. The
faces-config.xml is set up just like the Grade page also. When I break, I
verify that it is not getting into the setter.

I don't see any real difference between what I'm trying and how the Grades
link is set up. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton