[Building Sakai] 2.9.0 conversion hibernate_sequence exists

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 25 14:11:30 PDT 2013

Yea, in the past we were trying to catch these and move them to their own
proper sequences. It involves setting a param name on the hibernate
generator in the xml file.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/CHK-28

I'm not paying as much attention to the Oracle files as I used to since
most (almost all) of my current clients are Mysql based. It should be filed
as a JIRA but would require a plsql conversion to fix it at this point so
probably won't get fixed. :/
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-803

The only real problem is with anything that tries to make use of it outside
of hibernate or migrating outside of this database could have problems with
everything being on this one sequence.