[Building Sakai] SkinnableLogin.java

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Mar 20 19:20:01 PDT 2013

We were bit by the same thing.  My understanding is the SkinnableLogin
is there to replace the long standing issue that the old LoginTool had
the markup hardcoded in the java code, the SkinnableLogin moves this
out into a template.  I think the LoginTool is no longer going to be
used.  It would be much better moving forward when changes like this
are done that we'd simply extend the existing class with the new
version and override the behavior we wish to change, as that sort of
approach has much less of a chance of causing folks that have changes
pain.  But then again maybe its own fault for having our own local
mods.

In any event it should be a pretty simply event to move whatever you
have forward.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We plan to move Sakai 2.7.0 to Sakai 2.8.x and
> I find one new file,  SkinnableLogin.java under
> login/login-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/login/tool in Sakai 2.8.x
>
> Our 2.7.0 login page is called by LoginTool.java, which has some our local
> changes.
> However, when we try to move into Sakai 2.8.x, I notice that
> SkinnableLogin.java is consistently called, regardless login, xlogin....
>
> I am wondering what the difference between two files is and LoginTool.java
> will be no longer used in Sakai 2.8.x.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sanghyun

John Bush