[Building Sakai] Portal neo CHAT - loading problem

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:56:21 PDT 2013

getLatestData is run every 5 seconds and at the moment is unconfigurable.
You can mod it in portal-charon/charon/src/webapp/scripts/chat.js:617. Just
up that 5000 to 20000 to make it poll every 20 seconds. I think it's
already been jira'd. I'll make it configurable from sakai.properties.

Down the line I want to look at websockets; browsers aren't there yet.

Cheers,
Adrian.