[Building Sakai] Portal NEO Prefix

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Sun Mar 17 16:39:41 PDT 2013

I agree 100% with Steve here.

Breaking the longstanding behavior of a property is a bug. I'm not worried about the tools here, but even if all the tools worked correctly, the way this setting works currently is confusing and already causing problems as deployers who didn't write the portal code don't know which skin directory to update. So long as this remains this will continue to crop up as a problem.

I'm sure there are ways to keep the tools broken without confusing users if that is the goal.

-dave