[Building Sakai] Portal NEO Prefix

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Fri Mar 15 12:41:49 PDT 2013

I was just looking at this earlier this week. There's also a new
property "portal.templates" that specifies what VM templates to use
when rendering the HTML. Hardcoded into the portal logic, it checks to
see if portal.templates is "neoskin" and if it is, it ensures that the
skin name (property skin.default) is prefixed with the value of
property portal.neoprefix.

I assume the reasoning behind it was to make sure you don't
accidentally specify a non-"neo" skin. But in practice it's turned out
to make things much more confusing. In our case, our developers
updated the "default" skin directory with their new neoportal CSS,
thinking that since skin.default was set to "default" that meant (as
it has up through 2.8) that the skin directory would be named
"default". But nope, it was "neo-default" that was actually getting
served.

Doh.

-dave