[Building Sakai] Portal NEO Prefix

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Mar 15 10:40:25 PDT 2013

Can someone explain the need for the 2.9+ property called portal.neoprefix
with a default value of "neo-"?  I understand that it means your "default"
skin now becomes "neo-default", but why was it needed?

We are starting to see some requests like this one:

  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-345

The tools include a link to the tool.css file, but it's not the one they
expect because the tool has no idea about this neoprefix.

So, is neoprefix necessary?  Do we need to patch the tools to make them
neo-aware?

Thanks,
Sam