[Building Sakai] Project Keitai MSGCNTR work

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Fri Mar 15 05:58:03 PDT 2013

Please make sure that all current functionality is accounted for too.
 There are two different direct calls in Msgcntr: 1 that takes you to that
particular message or topic and one that gives you the json/xml for that
message/topic/forum.  You can use tools like the new iSyllabus entity
picker or Lesson Builder (which I think is a hack and not a /direct/ call
for msgcntr).  There's also the copy the URL function for messages.  I've
seen many people ignore and rewrite the existing REST functions before (not
saying you are or will, just trying to help):  It's fairly confusing since
you have two styles of REST points which each use two different services.
 The redirects use MessageForumsFilePickerServlet  while the REST feature
uses EntityBroker's ActionsExecutable.  Here's a recent jira about this:
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-548

"So now the redirect works as it used to by calling:

/direct/forum_topic/{topicid}

which will take you to that tool

and the RESTful functions are:

/direct/topic/forum/{forumid}
/direct/topic/site/{siteid}
/direct/topic/private/{siteid}"

I'm looking forward to all improvements to msgcntr and I don't envy you :)
-Bryan