[Building Sakai] Project Keitai MSGCNTR work

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 03:50:18 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I've started work on the messages and forums part of project Keitai (mobile
support).

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-795

Up to now, in trunk, I've moved the current entity providers into the tool
project. REST stuff makes more sense in the tool along with the UI code,
and it also speeds up development hugely when you can just redeploy the
webapp portion to get the updated providers. I've also started adding get
support to the forum entity provider. Please note that I'm not just
committing this stuff; I'm doing it as a patch which will be reviewed
before being committed.

I know that there are quite a few msgcntr entity provider efforts going on
in the community, IU and LOI being two of them, and I don't want to
alienate those efforts in any way. With that in mind I'd appreciate it if
such folk could chip in on the JIRA ticket. I'm particularly interested in
calling conventions. What search restrictions do you want to support in
collections resolvable calls, that kind of thing. Samples of urls that you
are using in your local versions would be really useful. Urls that you
think would be nice are also worth adding to the ticket.

Cheers,
Adrian.