[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.9.1 and tomcat 7

Fatemeh Asl aa2821 at nyumc.org
Wed Mar 13 14:31:52 PDT 2013

I thought message is one of the indie projects and I should be able to download
the binary file. should I check out the source and build it my self? Just to
mention that I have tried  sakai.2.9.1-all before this and with that one I
almost had the same problem of not being able  to find the dependencies.

Any way when I run
cd master && mvn clean install

it gives my some warnings:

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while
 building the effective model for org.sakaiproject:master:pom:2.9.0
[WARNING] 'parent.relativePath'
points at org.sakaiproject:base instead
 of org.sonatype.oss:oss-parent, please verify
 your project structure @ line 3, column 13
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these
 problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might
 no longer support building such malformed projects.

Do you have any idea please?

Thanks
Fatemeh