[Building Sakai] Forums Open and Close Dates

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Fri Jun 28 08:34:55 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I've run into a bit of an issue with the Msgcntr Forums open and close
dates functions. I've noticed that when setting these dates a scheduled
quartz job is created to open and close the forums on the specified times.
The scheduler only seems to run every 10 minutes and thus the opening of
these forums can be delayed by up to 10 minutes. Some of our Instructors
use the Forum as virtual meeting space and a 10 minute discrepancy could
cause some issues.

Is there another way to open and close the forums without using the
scheduler? Or, is there a way to change the scheduler interval? Would a
shorter interval cause a performance issue?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Ribble
LMS Application Developer