[Building Sakai] problem with gradebook

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 19 13:00:36 PDT 2013

Yes. But the gradebook code does getAllExternalAssignments, and refuses to show any assignments that aren't returned by the API.

There's a potential issue, in that the API is the only way to tell whether an assignment is by group. However the obvious thing is to assume if the API doesn't know about it that it can't be grouped.

The code is in ViewByStudentBean.java

                if (isInstructorView) {
                } else {
                        externalAssignments = gext.getExternalAssignmentsForCurrentUser(gradebook.getUid());
                }

                while (i.hasNext()) {
                        Assignment assignment = ((AssignmentGradeRow)i.next()).getAssociatedAssignment();

                        if (assignment.isExternallyMaintained() && !externalAssignments.containsKey(assignment.getExternalId())) {
                                i.remove();
                        }
                }

I can implement that API in Lessons, although there's a problem in copying sites that will make items from sites that were copied not show up. I'll obviously fix it so sites that are newly copied will be OK.

But this means that 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 sites will need to update to the newest Lessons if they use grading.

I think this is a problem with no really good solution.