[Building Sakai] Turnitin erros with Assignment

Ramachandran,Narasi rnarasi at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 17 13:49:38 PDT 2013

We have been seeing some 2 major issues with TII& Assignments integration lately, we are on the 0.8 version of the plugin with sakai 2.9

In some cases submissions from an assignment does not make it to TII and there is an error in the Assignments page saying " An error occurred while submitting this attachment to the originality checking service." When we attempt to resubmit the paper still no luck, also analyzing the paper we did not find any major issues with the paper they look fine (type of content etc) . The only thing that was seen in the logs was the following :

sakaiapp-prod01.osg.ufl.edu.catalina.out:2013-06-14 08:58:56.071 [WARN] org.sakaiproject.component.gradebook.GradebookServiceHibernateImpl:94 - AUTHORIZATION FAILURE: User 37cc94e8-d55b-4762-9438-14412149be54 in gradebook UFL-URP6042-23002-52013 attempted to check for assignment City Profile Part 1

sakaiapp-prod01.osg.ufl.edu.catalina.out:2013-06-14 08:58:25.633 [INFO] org.sakaiproject.component.gradebook.GradebookServiceHibernateImpl:2618 - Score updated in gradebookUid=UFL-URP6042-23002-52013, assignmentName=City Profile Part 1 by userUid=be55b8f4-0b41-421a-843f-5f719bba2778 from client=, new score=29.0

It also appears that the newly updated paper is not even getting queued for TII to re-run this paper. We are seeing this in several classes so it is not site specific.

The 2nd issue we are seeing is an API 414 error - once an assignment is set and there is some submissions made, any edits made to assignment from within Sakai assignments toggles the setting in the TII side to "Do not Generate report" and this is not reversible by the instructor. I have been dealing with TII for the past few weeks and no luck here.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so please share with us the fixes you have been able to implement to mitigate this.

Thanks,
Narasi