[Building Sakai] conversion scripts

Nguni Phakela nguni52 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 04:43:26 PDT 2013

I checked this documentation also to see if it will work on oracle
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17952_01/refman-5.1-en/create-table.html and
from what is written there it seems that it would also work for oracle,
unless They haven't updated the documentation or I read the wrong version
of the documentation.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Aaron Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net>wrote:

> That kind of syntax only works in MySQL (or a few others like MSSQL)
> so I guess you are suggesting we do this for the MySQL scripts only.
> I'm not sure why this would be needed and I am not sure we want to
> support differences in the scripts like this (it is extra effort over
> time since the behavior is no longer the same)?
>
> The scripts are stored in the code itself in reference/docs/conversion/.
>
> -AZ
>

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Nguni Phakela <nguni52 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is it possible that we can change the conversion scripts such that the
> ones
> > about creating tables have a IF NOT EXISTS part to them. I can
> definitely do
> > this if anyone can let me know how I can update those pages and everyone
> is
> > in agreement.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > --