[Building Sakai] [Deploying Sakai] How to Run/Install Tomcat as a Service for Sakai 2.9.1 Demo?

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Thu Jun 13 06:55:37 PDT 2013

Just an FYI, if you don't have CygWin, or you don't want to launch it as a Linux task in Windows, stick the attached log4j.properties file in your <tomcat>\common\classes\ folder, and it will create a rolling tomcat.log file which is equivalent to catalina.out (make sure you replace the path to your tomcat instance in the file).

Cheers,

Brian Jones
Applications Development
Information Technology Services