[Building Sakai] Fwd: gradebook2 help

Geng, Kelly gengx at miamioh.edu
Sat Jul 27 09:02:48 PDT 2013

Sanghyun <https://plus.google.com/u/0/116260149370084228636?prsrc=4>,

We did something like that. By default, the GB2 pom doesn't include the
help module. You want to add a <module>help</module> into the
$gb2_src/pom.xml to deploy the help jar to shared/lib, as Steve pointed
out. Once it's deployed, you will see a placeholder for GB2. Then all you
need to do is to add your help files into
$gb2_src/help/src/sakai_gradebook_gwt_rpc, and organize/configure them in
$gb2_src/help/src/sakai_gradebook_gwt_rpc/help.xml, and then of course
redeploy the help jar. Upon restarting tomcat, the help module should be
able to pick up your content. The last step would be to point the gb2 help
link in sakai.properties to the contextual help page so that the Help link
inside of GB2 will take users to the same place.

Kelly

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Does the gradebook2 help jar get deployed to shared?
>

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody have a solution for this question?

>> From: Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com>
>>  Date: Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
>> Subject: Fwd: gradebook2 help
>> To: sakai-dev <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>
>>

>> unfortunately, I have not heard back from anybody.
>> I hope somebody can shed some light on this, so that I can move on.

>> From: Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com>
>> Date: Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
>> Subject: gradebook2 help
>> To: sakai-dev <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>
>>

>> We are testing Sakai 2.8 and  recognize that Sakai help link (blue
>> question mark on the right top corner)  does not contain Gradebook2 link.
>> Would you mind telling me how I can add gradebook2 link into this help link?
>>
>> my sakai.properties has below in order to enable "Help" tab in gradebook2
>> table
>> gb2.help.url=
>> https://smartsite.ucdavis.edu/ucd-gateway/Gradebook2Documents.html
>>
>> However, this does not affect blue question mark help link.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.

Kelly