[Building Sakai] 2.9.1 Performance Issues

Curtis Van-Osch curtis.van-osch at hec.ca
Wed Jul 24 11:50:02 PDT 2013

We do indeed have something of a special use of Delegated Access that
could be causing these issues.  We have our own internal tool that sort
of mimics Site Setup, allowing the secretaries of our different
departments to search for and access the sites associated to their
department without being participants in every site (we call it
OpenSyllabus Manager).

The algorithm for this search is

 1. retrieve a list of course sites that match the given search string
    (from SiteService.getSites)
 2. for each site, if the current user is a participant, add it to the
    list of search results
 3. update the delegated access map for the current user
      * get the "delegatedaccess.accessmap" from the SessionManager
      * for each site, if it is not already in the map, post a new event
        to the EventTrackingService (type "dac.checkaccess") specifying
        the site reference.
 4. for each site in the list from SiteService, if the delegated access
    map contains the site reference, add it to the list of search results

This hasn't changed during our upgrade from Sakai 2.8.1/Delegated Access
1.0 to Sakai 2.9.1/Delegated Access 3.0 and we never had an issue before
so I assume the caching in Delegated Access has.

Curtis.