[Building Sakai] Modify sakai user entity (sakai.kernel-1.2.8)

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 07:02:54 PST 2013

> I need to change the sakai-kernel module (1.2.8).
> It's required alter the SAKAI_USER table in database and all logic and
> services associated.
> It's needed to add a new field called NIF (fiscal id).

The easiest solution is normally to use the User's ResourceProperties
to store this information. For users saved in Sakai's DB you can just
add the additional properties with something like:

User user = UserDirectoryService.editUser('userId");
user.getProperties().addProperty("NIF", "1234");
UserDirectoryService.commitEdit(user);

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford