[Building Sakai] . Re: Elastic Search (SRCH-111) (John Bush)

Colin Hebert colin.hebert at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 01:35:19 PST 2013

Solr < 4 does not support support soft commits altogether, so this is not
an issue (somewhat less efficient due to the need of constant hard commits
but there is no way to lose anything).

Solr4 supports now soft commits (useful for NRT), and added a transaction
log (SOLR-2700) for the new replication system (SolrCloud). So there is no
need to add anything.

If lucid was providing some kind of transaction log, I'll assume that it is
what is now available directly within solrcloud.

Cheers,
Colin