[Building Sakai] 2.9.0 DB Conversion, MySQL script error

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Jan 24 15:28:20 PST 2013

Sakai 2.* works just fine with a Linux MySQL database that uses the
defaults (mixed-case tables).  I'm not sure what you're insinuating with
"there is no guarantee", but I can guarantee that Sakai CLE works just fine
with a mixed-case MySQL database.  We have consistently fixed bugs like the
one Cynthia has reported.

A DBA responding that they are unwilling to change their entire
institutional MySQL setup seems perfectly reasonable to me.

--Sam