[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.5 passwords not working in sakai 2.9

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Thu Jan 10 03:07:18 PST 2013

Hello All,

We, IIHEM Insitute, are using Sakai since 2008 with version 2.5.3. We want
to upgrade to the latest version, which is 2.9.0.

I installed a new sakai 2.9 instance.
I recreated users and sites. however, when I tried to copy/paste hashed passwords from the old
sakai 2.5.3 to the new one (sakai 2.9), I doesn't work.

We're using MySQL for both
installations, I've done the copy/paste between the MySQL databases with Webmin tool.

Here are our server specs:

Old one: RHEL 5.4, MySQL 5.0.x, Tomcat-5.5.x, and SAKAI
2.5.3
New one: CentOS 6.3, MySQL 5.1.x, Tomcat-7.0.x and SAKAI 2.9.0

Please
HELP!!!

If it's really neccessary to upgrade from 2.5.3 to 2.6 to 2.7,.... untill 2.9,
I'll do it. BUT PLEASE JUST point me to the right documentation!

Thanks community.

regards,

--
Alaa NIZAR, BA in MIS, LPIC