[Building Sakai] usage of

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Jan 2 06:34:47 PST 2013

Some of the REST urls are used as redirects for tools like LB
and internal links.  For the Forums example:

/direct/forum and /direct/forum_topic are used to redirect a user's browser
to the forum or topic in the UI.

If you want a data format, then you can use /direct/topic like:

http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/direct/topic/site/791daf20-c980-4f43-911b-1ed97d5727f1.json

This gives you the details for all forums and topics in that site.

-Bryan