[Building Sakai] SOLR vs Elastic Search

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:33:08 PST 2013

Hi, Adam:

I agree with your point of having shim layer on top of underlying different
search implementations. Elastic search is in svn now, can Oxford checkin
solr code as well?

Meanwhile, do people think it is worthwhile to start a confluence page to
document feature/setup/cost/performance details of solr vs elastic search
implementations, which would serve as a guide to the community?

Thanks,

- Zhen