[Building Sakai] Any Ubuntu packages, EC2 images or other easier ways to get a CLE install up and running on Linux?

Christian Seberino cseberino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:49:41 PST 2013

On 02/21/2013 09:28 AM, William Karavites wrote:
> I'd be all for helping someone set-up a Ubuntu package. I was trying
> to make a script earlier that would download all the pre-reqs needed
> for Sakai(which isn't hard at all).
>
> No matter what, there is probably a few minor tinkering that will be
> needed after.

Say that's a good initial step for Ubuntu users.....make a bash script
that does all the steps
correctly to install CLE.

People can share and test that.

I don't know how Ubuntu packaging works but I imagine that script could
be baked into
an Ubuntu package later that could maybe even make it into the official
Ubuntu repos.
(Not sure how admittance is decided.)

It'd be nice if a version was maintained and updated when a new Ubuntu
LTS release came out.

cs