[Building Sakai] NeoChat for production use?

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:58:13 PST 2013

The numbers are the same. Neochat just makes HTTP connections via
Javascript in the browser. Every 5 seconds each logged in user generates 1
request. The requests may occur at the same time, they may not. The worst
possible case is that 500 currently logged in users generate 500 requests
simultaneously every 5 seconds. In reality, those requests will be
distributed evenly in the 5 second envelope, but accounting for the worst
case makes sense.

That sounds like a lot of concurrent requests, Dan. You may have a thousand
Sakai sessions active but that will rarely equate to a thousand HTTP
requests coming in at the same time.

Adrian.