[Building Sakai] Hibernate indexes not created on trunk MySQL.

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 02:08:39 PST 2013

I'm currently not seeing any of the indexes specified in hibernate mapping
files through <database-object>s get created against a clean database on
startup. For example message center has:

<database-object>
<create>create index MFR_UNREAD_MESSAGE_C_ID on MFR_UNREAD_STATUS_T
(MESSAGE_C)</create>
<drop></drop>
</database-object>

but looking at the indexes it doesn't get created:

mysql> SHOW INDEX FROM MFR_UNREAD_STATUS_T;
+---------------------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+

+---------------------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
| mfr_unread_status_t |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | ID
 | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| mfr_unread_status_t |          0 | TOPIC_C  |            1 | TOPIC_C
| A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| mfr_unread_status_t |          0 | TOPIC_C  |            2 | MESSAGE_C
| A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

| mfr_unread_status_t |          0 | TOPIC_C  |            3 | USER_C
 | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |

I found this as I was trying to create a supporting index through the
<database-object> tag and found it not to be working.

Is anyone else seeing this? From a quick look through Jira I couldn't see
any references to this being a known problem.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford