[Building Sakai] SAK-12563 - The iFrame Portlet Has Landed (in trunk)

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:06:25 PST 2013

I just checked my SAK-12563 branch into trunk as r120008.   So with your next update, or nightly rebuild - these tool ids:

sakai.iframe.myworkspace
sakai.iframe.service
sakai.iframe.site
sakai.iframe

Will be served by a JSR-168 portlet.   The Options button becomes an Edit (Pencil) icon and iframes within iframes go away.

This lays the groundwork for:

Check the headers of the URL to see if it allows being framed

After this change settles in, I will make a new branch and start work on the header checking.

If I broke something file a JIRA as a subtask to SAK-12563

I am aiming for SAK-12563 and SAK-21624 code to make 2.9.x and be part of the 2.9.2 release as the x-frame issues will only get worse as sites and browsers increasingly use and listen to the headers.

Thanks.

/Chuck