[Building Sakai] note for 2.9 new deployers: error in forum grading

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Feb 13 08:58:54 PST 2013

Thanks for sending out the email, since it wasn't a MSGCNTR jira, I didn't
see this one.  I've fixed the issue with the Forums tool:

My comment in the jira:

"It looks like msgcntr was using
gradebookService.getGradesForStudentsForItem, which returns the students
grade (not point value). So for percentages, it would return 50 when a
student has 40/80 on a gradebook item. Very confusing since the 80 is
supposed to be a weight and not an "out of" value. Unfortunately there
isn't any bulk functions in the GB service to grab the point value (not
percentage) in percentage GB's. You have to call
gradebookService.getAssignmentScoreString for each student. This all boils
down to the fact that the GB service's function
gradebookService.setAssignmentScore only accept the points (not
percentages) even for GB's that are set up as percentages.

I've also added a "(X points possible)" indicator under the GB name in the
table for the instructor's reference."