[Building Sakai] SAK-17578, et al.

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 12 18:55:37 PST 2013

Maintenance team:

I just ran across this and am curious... most the attention
surrounding these issues was on JSF, but there are other places in the
code for which this issue should still surface: still requiring the
use of the property setting

-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true

.... if I understand what I am reading correctly.. the 'official' word
seems to be that these cases should be eliminated:

http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6500212

It looks like most of the places where array syntax is used to
reflectively search for classes have been removed... but are the
projects where it appears to remain in trunk versions.

kernel
mailarchive
reflectutils
rsf
rwiki
search

(see attached: the result of "grep -r 'loadClass\s*(' *|grep -v .svn")

The fix seems (and in typical cases, is) trivial.... but if it helps I
can create the patches.... if you can tell me who should get them

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -