[Building Sakai] Sorting course in More Sites

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Feb 1 17:36:48 PST 2013

On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:47 AM, William Karavites wrote:

> Actually,
>
> SAK-21707 deals with the sorting during the SET UP of the site. I am interested in sorting when you hit MORE SITES.

The problem with adding a bunch of sorting possibilities to the More sites options violates the notion that the end user controls the content and order of the sites in the top-tab and the sties in more-sites.

Would you suggest that somehow the system forces some sort order and we ignore or remove the user's option to arrange the sites as they see fit?

Our energy might be better invested in making site management and reordering easier (i.e. allowing the user to drag, drop, and reorganize their sites) right in the drawer.

Just thinking out loud.

/Chuck