[Building Sakai] Scoring Agent API for review

Ramesh Sabetiashraf ramesh.sabeti at reazon.com
Mon Dec 16 14:32:48 PST 2013

A couple of things to add to John's insights.

iRubric does provide LTI integration.  But, there's a little limitation on
the Sakai side that only allows LTI integration with a single gradebook item
(as of six months ago).

Also, the user experience with LTI is not as natural as our deep
integration.  For one, an iRubric LTI would sit outside of Gradebook or
Assignment tools as a separate tool.  Users want to stay in their tool of
choice (gradebook or assignments) that they usually use for grading.  LTI is
also a bit harder for the end-user to setup.

HTH,

Ramesh.

Ramesh Sabetiashraf
Reazon Systems, Inc.

Mailing: 5319 University Drive #111, Irvine, CA  92612
Headquarters: 1300 S. Bristol St., Santa Ana, CA 92704
Phone: 949-222-2266 x801. Fax: 949-860-2408

Creator of RCampus and iRubric
Recipient of TechAmerica High-Tech Innovation Awards

ePortfolio | LinkedIn