[Building Sakai] Integration with crocodoc for quick commenting and grading

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Dec 11 11:24:16 PST 2013

Yea we've talked about this (Crocodoc) a few times locally and at
conferences and seems like it would be a cool idea. But it's seems tougher
to get anything that has a reoccurring external cost going as there would
be people using it, on top of the development cost. Though like Google
Docs, I think it would be pretty cool if integrated into the right places
for sure.

Also related I've also always thought that OAE could fit in really good as
a service like this, even more so with the latest version released last
week. (http://www.oaeproject.org/) Though it seemed most of the community
more focused on having OAE be the portal/host for tools from the CLE, I
(though maybe biased as a CLE developer) saw the OAE as being a extension
point of the CLE. Services like document collaboration and media preview
that that would be difficult to add or essentially require an huge separate
tool looks like what this is capable of.