[Building Sakai] Some Wrong with WebDav

zmk zmk at tju.edu.cn
Wed Aug 28 23:51:18 PDT 2013

Hello,everybody,
I hava some problems when using webDav to upload files.
Before this, I met another problem. I can’t connect the server with Cyberduck.

The error message is : Internal Server Error

Then I tried to connect the server through IE9, something was wrong. Below is the error message:
type Exception report
message SqlService.dbWrite failure
description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: SqlService.dbWrite failure
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWriteCount(BasicSqlService.java:1289)
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWrite(BasicSqlService.java:1143)
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWrite(BasicSqlService.java:1059)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor$ClusterStorage.addSession(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:920)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.startSession(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:314)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.login(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:526)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.login(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:517)
        org.sakaiproject.event.cover.UsageSessionService.login(UsageSessionService.java:171)
        org.sakaiproject.dav.DavServlet.service(DavServlet.java:1046)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:695)
root cause
com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for column 'session_id' at row 1
        com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3607)
        com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3541)
        com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2002)
        com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2163)
        com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2624)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:2127)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2427)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2345)
        com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2330)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:102)
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWriteCount(BasicSqlService.java:1247)
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWrite(BasicSqlService.java:1143)
        org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService.dbWrite(BasicSqlService.java:1059)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor$ClusterStorage.addSession(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:920)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.startSession(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:314)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.login(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:526)
org.sakaiproject.event.impl.UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.login(UsageSessionServiceAdaptor.java:517)
        org.sakaiproject.event.cover.UsageSessionService.login(UsageSessionService.java:171)
        org.sakaiproject.dav.DavServlet.service(DavServlet.java:1046)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:695)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.39 logs.

I found that the problem maybe the column “session_id” is too short. So I make some change in the database:

alter table sakai_session modify session_id varchar(40);

Then it works! I can connect the server with cyberduck now. I can also download files from it. However, there is something wrong when uploading files. It’s an I/O error. Just looks like this:
I/O Error.
Conflict
Host:59.67.36.210
Connection:Keep-Alive
User-Agent:Cyberduck/4.3.1(11008)(Windows 7/6.1)(x86)
Authorization:Basic MjAxMjIxNjEwNjp0anVzYWthaW1pbWFzaW1pZGE=
HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict
Server:Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control:private
Expires:Thu,01 Jan 1970 08:00:00 CST
X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE9
Date:Thu,29 Aug 2013 02:12:33 GMT

I can see the file on the web page, but it’s a 0KB file.

How can I treat with this problem?

PS:
My Sakai version: CLE2.9.1
My Server system: CentOS6.2