[Building Sakai] Dashboard issues

Omer A Piperdi omer at rice.edu
Sun Aug 25 09:10:22 PDT 2013

We have installed Dashboard 1.0.2_RC05 in 2.9.x and keep it in stealth
mode. It is not showing any problem but now school is started and we are
seeing all our Sakai front-ends started processing dashboard processes..
seeing lots of message like this

2013-08-25 11:05:47,427  WARN Dashboard Event Processing Thread
org.sakaiproject.calendar.impl.BaseCalendarService - getEntity():
org.sakaiproject.exception.IdUnusedException
id=79ccb156-1871-4c39-adee-8f1fe397723f

and

Message: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [update dash_calendar_item set
calendar_time = ?, calendar_time_label_key = ?, title = ?, entity_ref =
?, subtype = ?, entity_type = ?, context_id = ?, repeating_event_id = ?,
sequence_num = ? where id = ?]; ORA-00060: deadlock detected while
waiting for resource
; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00060: deadlock
detected while waiting for resource

Restarting the dashboard tools on all Sakai VMs does not solve this
problem.. I see 3 tasks in dash_task_lock table and server_id changes
from time to time..
Any idea or suggestion how to stop this, without a Tomcat restart..

Thanks
Omer