[Building Sakai] Understanding locales

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 08:01:26 PDT 2013

Hi Gabriel:

Here: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/Home  you have a lot
of information about these issues.

I think the first question in the FAQ page is exactly this you have done,
isn't it?
If not, try it,.
If yes...if after doing it you continue with all in english, we need to
enter in a deeper analisys of your problem.

Please, can you tell me how are you done the setup of Sakai to run in PT_BR
(copy the lines here)

Which version of sakai do you have (this is only for curiosity)

Diego.

2013/8/23 Gabriel Slomka <gabriel.slomka at puc-campinas.edu.br>

> Hello there.****
>
> ** **
>
> I havent fully understood how Locales work on sakai as every module has
> its own property files. Im taking for example samigo, at the endo f a quizz
> theres a text for example “There is no time limit”. Ive setup Sakai to run
> on PT_BR locale, and in
> /tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/samigo-app/WEB-INF/classes/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/bundle/DeliveryMessages
>  there is a pt_BR locale, however the text still in english in sakai site.
> Ive tryed to translate the DeliveryMessages.properties file as well and it
> didnt change the text in sakai. I dont understand so from where this string
> is taken from ??? Im not managing to translate some small parts of sakai as
> i dont know where it comes from, i can find the file containing the string
> with Grep but changing it (and restarting tomcat/sakai) wont change it.***
> *
>
> ** **
>
>     Would really apreciate some enlightment !!****
>
> ** **