[Building Sakai] more mixed content fun

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Aug 21 18:52:30 PDT 2013

Right part of the change to the web tool in 2.9.2 to a portlet included
detection for X-Frame-Options. This option in the remote server header
prohibits framing mixed content or not.

This was fixed in that tool by:

That detection was not used in any other tool that might possibly have web
links embedded in the iframe. There were a few indicated in the core
(Syllabus, Lessons) and a few contrib (Mneme and JForum). None of these
were worked on as part of this work.

I believe that having these tools actually iframes within iframes rather
than portlets makes this problem harder to solve though.