[Building Sakai] Clog, JSON and "clog.modify.permissions" issue

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 02:39:11 PDT 2013

Does anybody else on the list have thoughts on this? Steve S raised CLOG-76
and I thought at the time it was a perfectly valid request. This has
obviously caused some confusion for Daniel - I myself had completely
forgotten about the applied side effect of realm.upd turning on
clog.modify.permissions.

Like Steve says in the ticket, backfilling permissions can be a pain, but,
on the other hand, experienced Sakai dev knows that there are plenty of
scripts around for accomplishing such a task.

I'd be happy to revert this ticket in trunk; it has caused problems and
wasted time for Navarra university, which I now feel guilty about :(

Cheers,
Adrian.