[Building Sakai] Linktool throwing "stale value"?

Michael Osterman ostermmg.sakai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:23:05 PDT 2013

We're in the final phases of testing our 2.6 to 2.9 conversion, and running
into a hiccup with with Linktool on the test server.

The tools are returning an error of "stale value" which appears to be part
of this section of SakaiSigning.jws:

public String testsign(String data) throws AxisFault {

                if
(!"true".equals(serverConfigurationService.getString("linktool.enabled",
"false")))
                        return "not enabled";

                int i = data.indexOf("&time=");
                int j = data.indexOf("&", i+6);
                String time = data.substring(i+6,j);
                long mstime = java.lang.Long.parseLong(time);

                if (java.lang.Math.abs(mstime - System.currentTimeMillis())
> 30000)
                        return "stale value";

Any pointers as to why this would be happening, or more importantly, how to
fix it?

For what it's worth, we have a copy of the sakai.rutgers.linktool.privkey
and sakai.rutgers.linktool.salt from the production server and the database
is a snapshot of the production database.

Thank you,
Mike