[Building Sakai] Extend Site Dataset through tool?

Michael Mertins mertins at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 14 15:10:01 PDT 2013

Hi,
thanks for your input.

I see things like

 ResourcePropertiesEdit rp = site.getPropertiesEdit();
 rp.addProperty(PROP_SITE_LANGUAGE, locale_string);

So I think that is a very good idea. But where would I fill the properties
if I want every new site to have the properties (filled with a different
value of course) and where would I expose the properties?

I'm quite new to Sakai development and usually I would presume I can
address an API and write my own program (or here tool?) to extend the
behaviour. From what it looks like now, I could also create my own add
site dialogue and action and site lookup but that would be also quite
complicated if I don't know which classes I could extend. The source code
is still all but conspicuous to me Sakai noob.

Would be very happy if you could go a bit into detail.

Michael