[Building Sakai] Clog, JSON and "clog.modify.permissions" issue

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Wed Aug 14 05:44:37 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

This is really weird, but we have the permission
"clog.modify.permissions" totally disabled in our production
environment. We have tested that in SAKAI_REALM_RL_FN there is no row
with this function key.

However, every user can view the permissions button and change
permissions in Clog tool.

Tracking the JSON calls that get permissions for Clog, I can see that
this URL:

https://miaulario.unavarra.es/portal/tool/f916b597-487c-452a-9f9c-b836951b793a/userPerms.json?_=1376482411717

get these permissions for a maintain user:

["clog.comment.create","clog.comment.delete.own","clog.comment.read.any","clog.comment.update.own","clog.modify.permissions","clog.post.create","clog.post.delete.own","clog.post.read.any","clog.post.update.own"]

and these other permissions for an access user:

["clog.comment.create","clog.comment.delete.own","clog.comment.read.any","clog.comment.update.own","clog.modify.permissions","clog.post.read.any"]

so it seems that clog.modify.permissions is always true, no matter the
real value it has in database. The other permissions are OK.

Is this happening to everyone else? I can create a JIRA if this is not
an issue only for us.

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.