[Building Sakai] Trouble with lti-admin tool

George Pipkin gpp8p at Virginia.EDU
Mon Aug 12 15:27:56 PDT 2013

Hi -

   I'm having some difficulty in getting the lti-admin tool to work
properly.  I can
add basic-lti tools fine and they work.  However, when I try to add one
via the
basiclti-admin tool, they do not work - all I get is empty screen where
the external
tool should come in.  Oddly enough, I can successfully include a tool
set up via
the admin interface in Lessonbuilder.  When I try to use the external
tools button
in site info and I select External Tool Configuration, I see the tool
that I have set up.
However, when I try to use the Add Site Link and I supply a button text,
I get an
error: Alert: ID not found, and there are No Tools Found.

    Is there any place where the necessary sakai.properties are
described.  I've played
around with the ones in sakai-basiclti_portlet document, but I'm having
no success.
I know this is because I haven't set the tool up properly, but I'm
having difficulty
in figuring out how to accomplish that.

       - George Pipkin
          U.Va.